Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Seven Sevens

I have been tagged by Jodi to do this, so here it goes. The Seven Sevens:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
    1. Get in shape
    2. Travel to Italy again
    3. Act on the stage at least one more time
    4. Learn to speak another language
    5. Learn to play guitar
    6. Own my own business
    7. Own a home

Seven Things I Cannot Do
    1. Play an instrument
    2. Accept a comment graciously
    3. Give up Coke (that would be of the cola variety)
    4. Get my office in order
    5. Surf
    6. Swim
    7. Drive 55

Seven Things That I Admire In Others
    1. Creativity
    2. Musical talent
    3. Generosity (in time or money)
    4. Sense of humor
    5. Athletic ability
    6. Those who live their dreams
    7. Intelligence

Seven Things I Say Most Often
    1. Oh, for Pete's sake
    2. Excellent (this word itself is said at least 7 different ways)
    3. Uh, right...
    4. Abso-fricken-lutely
    5. Inside voice inside, outside voice outside
    6. Kaycee, leave it! (several times daily)
    7. Dude!
    Honorable mention: Want to open a Christmas gift? (seasonal)

Seven Books (or Series)I Love
    1. Harry Potter (loved all but book 5)
    2. DaVinci Code
    3. Lord of the Rings
    4. Interview with the Vampire
    5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    6. Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul
    7. Wicked (so far)

Seven Movies I Have Watched Over and Over Again
    1. A Christmas Story
    2. Madagascar
    3. Toy Story
    4. Fried Green Tomatoes
    5. Shawshank Redemption
    6. Whale Rider
    7. Pirates of the Carribean

Seven People I Want to Join Too
    1. Cori
    2. Dianna
    3. Vanessa
    4. Lisa
    5. Clayton: I know you're busy, so I'll give you a little extra time ;0)
    6. Tiffany
    7. You. If I left your name off, don't be offended. I only had room for 7!! If you don't have a blog, feel free to post them in the comments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are my responses to 6 of the 7 categories:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

1. Find my true love
2. Get a full-suspension mountain bike
3. Finish the novel I started 5 years ago
4. Travel to the rest of the world
5. Learn to cook something besides burgers and Hot Pockets
6. Start the world’s first lizard zoo
7. Anything that makes the world a better place

Seven Things I Cannot Do

1. Figure out the meaning of life
2. Be calm and inactive for more than 10 minutes
3. Public speaking in front of large audiences
4. Drive slow enough on the freeway
5. Become a master chef
6. Jump out of an airplane on purpose
7. Overcome my fear of spiders

Seven Things That I Admire In Others

1. Kindness and empathy
2. Sense of humor
3. Gentleness
3. Intelligence and independent thinking
4. Grace under pressure
5. Strength of purpose
6. Good verbal communication skills

Seven Things I Say Most Often

1. Oh no.
2. Hey.
3. Dude.
4. Uh. Uh. Uh….
5. Good morning, little dudes (spoken to my pets)
6. Wow!
7. Damn it, I went the wrong direction again.

Seven Books (or Series) I Love

1. The Passion by Jeanette Winterson
2. Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather
3. Nightwood by Djuna Barnes
4. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
5. The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula LeGuin
6. The Aeneid by Virgil
7. Sexing the Cherry by Jeanette Winterson

Seven Movies I Have Watched Over and Over Again

1. Aliens (strong woman, cool monsters, action….)
2. Finding Nemo (this is my niece’s doing)
3. anything with Sigourney Weaver
4. Gladiator (or anything else with Russell Crowe)
5. Godzilla (various versions)
6. anything with Hilary Swank
7. Anything with Kate Blanchette

Jodi said...

I thought of you last night because Eric and I started talking about gifts and we were saying things like "I did not get you..." and it was getting silly and he said "why don't we just open them now?"

(Unfortunately, I haven't wrapped his yet. They are all hiding at Ren's apartment since I'm feeding her cat!)

Merry Christmas to you and Cori!!! I hope you have some gifts left to open on Sunday!