Tuesday, December 06, 2005

HOW MANY days are left?


It has become clear to me over the last few days that there is a REASON why I don't shop early. Actually, I think there are 2 reasons:
  1. I love to shop...and I really love to buy gifts for those I care about. This year to try and keep myself under control Cori and I agreed to a budget. We wouldn't spend more than a pre-determined amount. I have already passed that amount and there are still 20+ days left. I can't help it. I see things and think "Oh, that'd be a good stocking stuffer" or "She'd like that" and so on. Oh well, it's fun.

  2. I get excited about the gifts under the tree...no, not just my own...but of course I get excited about those too. Pick them up. Maybe shake them a little. But I digress...The point is I also get excited about the ones that I've purchased for others. Wonder ir the recipient will like them. Why is this bad? Well, because it basically goes something like this:

    Want to open one?
    Now?
    Yeah.
    But it's not Christmas for another week (or, if I buy things early like I've done this year, it's longer)
    I know.
    Hmm, ok.
    Next day, repeat cycle.

If I'm allowed to get away with it there may only be one gift by Christmas. So far Cori has gotten one gift prematurely. It was meant to be a stocking stuffer. It's a cool one, though. I got one also and wanted to play with it. They are invisible ink pens with attached black light. Very cool.

I think next year I need to go back to my last minute shopping. At this rate I'll be broke and Cori won't have anything to open on Christmas morning!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

That's cute. I haven't done any shopping yet and am starting to feel the pressure!