Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I'm back

Hello everyone (all 2 or 3 of you who read this regularly at least). I'm back! As many of you know, I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. After years of suffering severe pain due to endometriosis I made the decision to have a radical hysterectomy (meaning they took everything). My dr. said that not only was there was not only endometriosis, but fibroids as well.

Unfortunately this brought the mini photo scavenger hunt to an end. I have another couple of days before I'm "allowed" to drive (and probably longer before I really feel comfortable enough to drive). I still plan to go out to take the pictures, though.

After surgery I learned a few things.
1. A catheter, though sounding like a not very fun thing, is actually AWESOME and your friend after surgery.
2. 6 weeks off work sounds like great fun...and it could be...but not when you are very limited it what you can do.
3. Having people do just about everything for you also may sound fun...and it's not either. It's actually very frustrating knowing that you can't do those things. Ok, well you can...but it's a bit detrimental to your healing.
4. I like the morphine button for pain control, but love the epidural. I had the epidural in for a couple of days after surgery and felt no pain whatsoever. The only problem was I also didn't really feel my left leg. Makes walking difficult and they really wanted me to walk.

So what do I do for the next four weeks?

I had it all planned out before. I was going to take the ACE (Adobe Certified Expert) tests in all 4 of the applications that I focus on (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)just to find out what I needed to study. I didn't plan to actually pass them. In the event that I didn't call you the second I got home to tell you: I passed 3 of those (all but Illustrator). Ok, so #1: Study for AI ACE.

I have always wanted a Vespa...ok, well not always, but for a long time. I think about 5 years. It came down to the Mini -or- the Vespa. Really the choice was clear there. But did it have to be a choice? Cori recently got her motorcycle license. I've been inspired myself to follow thru and maybe get a Vespa after all. CA law says that you have to at least have a motorcycle permit for motorized scooters (then you can only drive in day hours). I think it's silly, but it's a first step. So #2: Study for motorcyle permit.

But that's way too much studying!! What else should I do??? I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for a long time. Long drives in the Mini are out (at least right now).

Any suggestions??

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I don't have any time occupying suggestions yet, but I want to wish you a good recovery. Take care!

TiggerLarue said...

Thanks! Be sure to let me know if you think of any suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Dear, I'm glad you made it through surgery OK (sorry it had to come down to it, but glad they caught the fibroids as well).

Too much studying, eh? How about...learning how to bolt on new parts to your Mini to jack up the horsepower? Learn how to change the toe and camber of the wheels? Sign up for a Bobby Orr driving course?

Anonymous said...

come visit your pals in seattle: bring the girl, eat well and train pugs (and owners).

glad you are well!

TiggerLarue said...

Thanks Clay. Interesting suggestions. I guess first I have to learn what the heck toe and camber of the wheels means before I venture into changing anything. :0) I do particulary like the driving course suggestion.

TiggerLarue said...

Tipster: Aren't you still running around the country, or perhaps in a foreign country right now?