Monday, August 22, 2005

Welcome



One of the things I was most excited about when moving to a house (other than the simple fact of escaping apartment living) was having a yard. Granted, this place doesn't have much grass, and my attempt at growing more just didn't work out as I had hoped...but the place has potential.

It has taken a few months to get this together...largely because I had an idea of what I wanted for a table, but couldn't seem to find it anywhere. Finally the pieces have started to fall together. We found a cafe table for 2 at OSH that was cute, and probably a good place to start. After all, this is a large backyard with plenty of room for another (larger) table once we found one. A fire pit. BBQ. We then learned that OSH had the same design in a larger table...oh yeah, now we're talking. Pre-lit Palm Tree (yes, a prelit palm tree which I love...laugh all you want...but I've wanted the darn thing all summer and finally bought it on Sunday. I am fortunate in that Cori either shares my love of lights, or is at least very tolerant of it). Things really started to take shape.

The finishing touches were done this weekend. I do NOT have a green thumb. I like plants, I just kill them. Cori had a very cool garden on her patio which has now come along with her. And voila!

There are other things we could do...things I'd really like to do, but this is a rental after all. I won't get too carried away. But all in all I'd say it "cleaned up" nicely.

1 comment:

120BPM said...

I have to say that the pre-lit palm tree is pretty darn cool.