Sunday, August 28, 2005

I should have known better...

I like tattoos...a lot. Watching Inked and Miami Ink has been difficult because it has made me want to get more. When we found out that there was a tattoo expo in San Francisco Cori and I decided to check it out. I didn't necessarily plan on getting a tattoo there (although, I must confess, I didn't plan against it either). Well, I should've known better than to go...because, sure enough, I found something I really liked.

There were 2 that I wanted to get. 1.) Some sort of tribal design for my arm and 2.)a pin up girl for my right leg. I wasn't sure on the design for either. I wish I were artistic because I would love to design the tribal myself (or have someone I know design it). As for the pin up girl, I had a basic idea of what I wanted, but not a specific design so I decided to look around and see what I could find.

We went Saturday afternoon and (as luck would have it) I had a design jump out at me. I really liked the whole look and feel of this tattoo. It was perfect. This is her to the left. The artists at this particular booth were all woman from New York City. Their work seemed really good, so I decided to go for it. We set up an appointment for Sunday afternoon (it was either that or 10 pm Saturday night) and went on our way. I was excited about coming back on Sunday.

There's really not a lot to tell about the actual tattooing. They didn't have a massage table for me to lay on, so I had to sit a bit twisted with my leg resting on Danielle's (the artist's) leg. I think my knee and neck hurt more than the actual tatto (my neck because I kept wanting to look around). Cori was kind enough to take pictures along the way. You can see those here

In the end, I would have to say that I love the new tattoo. She's still a bit red and angry, and I can't wait to see her once she's healed.
Now if I could just make her dance...

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Very cool. You're braver than I am!