Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The hunt is on


Have I mentioned I love my Mini? Well, if I haven't let me say so now. Not just because it's an awesome car (which it is) but because there's a whole lot more to being a "Mini owner". I thought to myself as I drove home today, "It's not just a car. It's a community." Ok, so perhaps I'm paraphrasing what someone else said. I'd like to think that I didn't come up with that one on my own, but it is a true statement. I mean how many other cars can you drive down the street and have another drive by going the opposite direction honking and waving? (Don't get me started on those who don't wave back, that's a blog entry all it's own)

I am totally venturing off the path here, so let me try to get back to it. Mini has the "Owner's Lounge" website for us proud mini owners. You are first introduced to this site when you order your Mini. This is where you go to watch the progress of your Mini from production to ship to arrival --I'm sure a few of you remember the emails you'd get from me sharing the progress of my baby. Also listed on this site are mini events, suggestions of road trips and so on.

Today I receieved an email that they are doing a photo scavenger hunt. You take your Mini to take a picture and submit it. I'm just giddy with excitement...seriously! I don't know if I've ever actually done a scavenger hunt, but to do one with the Mini? This'll be FUN! I'll be posting our adventures here, so be sure to check back from time to time.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I love your car! I have Mini envy and look forward to your scavenger hunt (hopefully you'll post it here or on Flickr). I have a "thing" for tiny cars, but just can't afford a Mini at this time. I'm considering the Scion XA. My husband has a Scion XB and it is a community too...the website, other drivers waving, etc.