Tuesday, August 16, 2005

That's the tragic story, right?

So tomorrow I'll be going to see Wicked for the second time. I saw it in it's pre-Broadway showing in SF a couple of years ago. It is currently my favorite musical. I'll be going with not one but two people who have never actually seen the Wizard of Oz before. Yes, they actually do exist!! I'm hoping that they'll still enjoy the show, though they are going to miss the full deliciousness of it all.

There are some things in life that you just assume everyone has experienced or know. Wizard of Oz being one. Another example: The Sound of Music. But the wonders never end. Here's an excerpt from a conversation I had recently with she who shall not be named (unless she wants to volunteer her own identity).

How about The Sound of Music, you've seen that...?
That's the tragic story, right?
Huh?
They all die in the end, right?
Uhm....nooooo.
Well, that's the one with the woman who is taking care of all those kids...
Yeah...
Didn't they all die in the end?
Uh, no.
Oh.

3 comments:

120BPM said...

well, what can I say, I had a odd childhood. My parents thought "the three stooges" and "Dave Allen at large" were more suited for my young upbringing.
:)

Farkle said...

I think spyder (I'll try to keep her anonymous too) might be thinking of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Even I knew that and I am not a very good movie watcher. The last movie I tried to watch by myself at home, I fell asleep during the opening credits only to wake up an hour later.

120BPM said...

I wish that spyder could agree with you, but truth be told, I havent seen chitty chitty bang bang either.
:)