My route to work in the morning includes a very highly frequented entrance to the freeway, often to the point of backing traffic up 2-3 lights back. If I leave at the "wrong" time (ie peak times) I avoid it altogether. Friday morning I thought was a good time, but apparently traffic on the freeway backed it up a little more than usual. I was in no hurry to get to work and traffic was wizzing by me making it difficult to change lanes and take an alternate route so I decided to wait it out.
Finally I'm on the overpass and the entrance was in sight when all of a sudden a car whips up to my left and tries to force his way in. Now, normally I'm a very considerate driver...more so than most, I think. I'll let people out of driveways, or slow down for them to change lanes rather than speed up the second the other driver turns their turn signal on. HOWEVER, I don't have much patience for those who seem to think that they have a special license that should permit them to bypass waiting in the line that I just sat through 3 lights and 15 minutes for. That just doesn't fly.
So I let him throw a few convulsions and angry looks in my direction while I pretend to be completely oblivious to him (all the while chuckling silently). Finally I decide he's had enough and I let him in. We move no more than a car's length or 2 when I see a police officer walking along the sidewalk on the overpass. Hmm, wonder what he's doing here.
I barely had a chance to realize he was there when he looked toward the entrance (where it turns out he had a partner stationed), said something, pointed to the......uhm, "gentleman"....that had just pushed his way in front of me. Hmmm We get a little further up and his partner steps into the middle of the lane, stopping the guy in front of me and pulls him out of line. It's at that point I notice that they had another car pulled over as well. Heh heh heh......ooo, please don't pull me over, too....ah, good....heh heh heh
I can only guess what it was about, but it sure looked like it was related to him cutting in line. The icing on the cake was when they pulled them out of line they moved them to a point where they would not be able to get on the freeway at that entrance.
Now that's what I call "CAR-ma" :0)
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Great story!
Post a Comment