...or so one of the trainers at our gym says. Well, I've got one down and two more to go. Not only am I working on creating new habits I'm working on breaking one as well. For those of you who know me well, the latter is probably the biggest shocker of all.
If you recall, dear readers, one of my goals for this year is lose weight...and I've got plenty to lose! Cori purchased us a membership to a gym just a few blocks away last year and I'm finally taking advantage of it. As a matter of fact, I have an appointment with a trainer today!
But back to my habits:
First: Once upon a time (in the last few years) I would drink an average 5 cans of Coke a day. Yep, 5. Some people have coffee first thing in the morning, I would have a Coke. Believe it or not, this was actually cutting back for me. In my younger days I would drink much more than that. Well, I am happy (?) to report that I have cut WAY back. Meaning what? Well, the last time I had a Coke was Monday of this week. May I remind you it is now THURSDAY. I'm not a big fan of diet sodas, but did get some diet Dr. Pepper (the least "diety" tasting soda on the market). But I haven't been drinking those with any regularity either. (I'm afraid I've lost a few readers to shock, but I'll keep going....)
Second: Water. I'm not a big fan of the water, but I'm really working on it. I'm averaging 4-5 bottles of water a day. Regular bottles mind you, not those big ol' honkin ones.
Third: Food. Watching calories, eating fruits and veggies, bumping up to 3 much smaller meals a day plus 2-3 "snacks" (which usually are fresh fruits), and fish 2x a week. I've actually been COOKING. (Believe it!) I've only had one meal that miserably failed (I swear I followed the recipe, though!!!!). Ok, and one other that I wouldn't call a failure...we just didn't like the recipe. So far neither of us have gotten sick and I've made some really tasty meals in the process.
Finally: Exercise. I've actually been to the gym 6 of the last 7 days. My plan is to cardio 5-6 times a week, weight training 2-3 times a week.
The nice part of all of this is that I'm not doing it alone. Cori is in much much better shape than I am, but she's doing this as well. I'll let you in on a little secret she doesn't know....this brings out my competitive nature a bit. Not to see who loses weight...but when it comes to going to the gym. If I feel like not going to my gym I think about her and whether or not she's going. I can't let her go more than me!!! Shhhhhh. Don't tell her ;0)
I'll give you updates here and there about my progress. If anyone is actually interested I might start a separate blog...but ya'll have to let me know if you are interested!!
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
in the spirit of "competetiveness", she's also winning the water consumption. I average about 2 bottles a day at best, which , is still up from my previous water intake which happened only when I brushed my teeth.
Congrats! I'm hoping you inspire me! I need to get off my butt!
Post a Comment