Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Hmmm, 39 miles...


So I've decided in the midst of all of this getting in shape that it's time I do something I've actually been wanting to do for a very long time: The Avon Breast Cancer Walk. I've signed up for the walk in San Francisco (Cori signed up too!). It's a total of 39 miles. Twenty-six the first day, 13 the second. It just so happens that the walk starts on my birthday (July8).

I am walking in memory of my grandmother, who died at the age of 54 of breast cancer.

If I haven't sent you an email regarding donating please don't feel left out and just click here. Odds are I've either lost your email or just forgot to send you one! :0)

This site allows you to make a donation online that will go directly to my goal. If you would prefer to send me a check, let me know and I can send you the details on how to do so. The Breast Cancer Walk graphic on the right also links up to my donation site and will be there up until walk time (so you don't have to search out this post).

Please, please feel free to ask friends and family (hell, co-workers if you want) to donate as well! I really want to do this walk, but I have to make the minimum $1800 to do so. I'm only 39% there.

I plan to put the names of those who donate on my shirt. Along with, of course, my grandmother's name. If your donation is in memory (or support) of someone who lost their fight or is battling breast cancer today please let me know and I will include their names as well.

I have to include this statistic that I learned at a meeting about the walk: Three million people are living with breast cancer today....1 million of them don't know it yet.



If your company has matching donations be sure to submit those forms! Some companies only pay once or twice a year, so the donation may not make it before the walk deadline and won't count toward my goal. It would be very helpful if you can give me something showing that the match will be made.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Good for you! I will definitely sponsor you. A dear friend of mine died a few years ago after battling breast cancer for many years.

TiggerLarue said...

Jodi, I'm so sorry about your friend. Thank you for your support on this.