Ok, we've already established that I'm a voyeur...so it only stands to reason that I would watch "reality" television. Look..I've got a habit I've got to feed, and I'm giving up hope that I will find another diary as good as Ruth's. I don't watch all reality television, but I do watch a lot. Currently I am watching Inked (tattoos and "reality"...what more could you ask for?), Hooking Up (online dating) and Big Brother (pure drama and game playing at its best).
Now up until last night I had thought that getting dumped via email was probably one of the worst ways and I've learned (from Hooking Up) that it's pretty damn common. This particularly seems to be the case in the internet dating world. I guess they figured "Well, we met via email, so it's cool to break up via email." I would disagree with that logic, but it appears that several others don't.
Anyway, I digress.
So we're watching Big Brother last night...for those of you who aren't familiar with the program they have "diary room" sessions where they talk about things that are going on in the house...and Janelle (a very smart Barbie doll look alike) was talking about her budding romance with Michael (another "house guest" that I just won't even begin to talk about). She mentions that she was seeing this guy back home, but just doesn't think that she can do it anymore. Then she says something like "I don't feel comfortable breaking up with someone on live tv, but I'm sorry. I understand if you don't ever want to talk to me again." What the???? Did she just break up with the guy on national television? Hit rewind!! (Thank goodness for TiVo) Why, yes...yes she did! Unbelievable!
Can you imagine what that moment had to be like for the poor fellow? Sitting there with his buddies, watching his hottie on the television. Bragging...then perhaps getting a little uncomfortable with the shots of her and Michael kissing (all of which probably seemed to be moving in slow motion)...then WHAM! Ooo that's going to leave a mark!
Friday, July 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment