I need to come up with a business name so I can get the ball rolling. I've been racking my brain and can't come up with something that is both unique and that I'm happy with. I had 2 that I really liked, but the .com was taken and they are both very specific to one side of the business or the other. I want to include both if at all possible.
What's in it for you? Well, if I use the name you suggest: A $100 gift certificate at Amazon.com or if you prefer a $100 American Express Gift Cheque. Seriously. If you can't think of something, share this with your friends. Maybe they'll split the winnings with you if they take the prize.
Let me give you an idea of what I had liked originally. For the pet portraits, Pawparazzi (which is taken by a grooming shop). For training, Pet-degrees (taken by a pet suppy company).
So are you up for the challenge? If so, click the link below to get a little more information.
There are 2 components to the business.
Dog Training:This covers a range of things from basic obedience training to behavioral issues. This is all about positive reinforcement (or pawsitive if you so prefer).
Pet PortraitsPrimarily dogs, but other critters will likely creep into the plan. Focus should be on pets, not so much on the people...not at all really.
Target audience:Dog owners of course! While I will prefer to target those who think of their dogs as part of the family (but don't want to alienate anyone).
Ideally the name would somehow reflect both components, but that's not a requirement. I also recognize that focusing on one, might take the other too far out of focus...so an overall business name (dog related of course) would be an option.
I need something catchy, dog related, and unique (I do have to get a website up and running, so if the .com url is taken for the name then it probably won't work). If you have more questions, feel free to send me an email or post a comment here.
I don't have any etched in stone deadlines, but let's say have your suggestions to me no later the July 1, 2006. You can post them as a comment or send them via email. You can "enter" as many times as you like ;0)
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
lol This is fun. Okay first off the top of my head:
The Woof Workshop
I like, Hello Doggie.
i think you used the word "paw-sitive" somewhere earlier. i kind of like the idea of "pawsitive reinforcement" or "pawsitive pups". if you like the silly pun route there is always "pet pawtraits". or straight to the point "one good dog."
Oops, I got a little bit more into this than I had planned to... :)
Note: If you use “Hello Doggie” it has to be “hellooodoggie.com” because “Hellodoggie.com” (and "hellodoggy.com") are already taken :(
“Hellofurball.com," "HelloFido.com," & “Hellofurbud.com” are available.
Kind of hard to find available names. I was surprised “woofworkshop.com” wasn’t taken… I did a little brainstorming, although the first name below was actually suggested to me by Yahoo Small Business:
furamigos.com
WoofSpot.com
DogGroove.com
Thewoofzone.com
Happyfido.com
heycutedoggie.com
Wooftails.com
More photo(or foto)-centered:
WoofPrintz.com
Shutterpaws.com
Fotowoof.com
Fotopaws (or Photopaws).com
Fotodoggy (or photodoggy).com
Fotobuds.com
Shutterbud.com
canidcamera? (caninecamera.com is already taken! rats!)
the puppery? (i don't know why but the sound of it makes me laugh)
I like furamigos....say it, it sounds great....furamigos. heh.
Post a Comment