At the beginning of the year I set down 10 goals for myself. As you may recall, I didn't want to call them resolutions because odds are then I wouldn't get them done. And, besides, I'm not sure they would really be considered resolutions.
Anyway, I think committing them to words and (craziness) posting them on the web for all to see (that would be all 3 of you who read this with any regularity plus the occassional reader....and occassional COMPLETE stranger - Hiya) has been rather motivating. Now that we are midway thru the year I thought it would be nice to give a little status update.
1. Pass the Illustrator ACE. Yup, did it. So that makes InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator. I'd go for GoLive, but don't want anyone to think I'm an overachiever or anything. Hah!
2. Lose weight. Ok, I really suck at this. I was losing weight and was well on the right track to continuing (working out, not drinking coke, eating right). Then I got rehired...and then it was off to the academy. Whoops. Well, there's still time to get back on track.
3. Go to Dog Trainer Academy. DID IT!!! And even graduated, though there were a few times in there I wasn't sure I was going to. Alas, I didn't get honors (actually nobody in our class did) which is a bummer. If Sterling's spreadsheet is right I just barely missed it. Oh well.
4. Get started doing some pet portrait photography (beyond my own dogs). Not exactly If you count all of the times fellow students kept asking me to take photos of them with their project dogs then this is a done deal. And I've been asked by a local rescue group (via the founder who was also a fellow student) to take photos of their adoptable pups. Still not what I was shooting for, but again, still have some time.
5. Devote some time to volunteer work. Did it (but want to do more). During my time off I was able to do a lot of animal transports.
6. Get a job. Yep, did that.I returned to the mothership.
7. Take the mini on a lot of drives. Poor neglected mini I drove the mini up to SF every weekend during school, but that doesn't count. I've got some ideas, though.
8. Go camping. Not so much. Really haven't had the chance to do this yet, but sure hope to.
9. Travel to Sweden. Ooooo, we'll have to see on this one. I really really want to, but between wanting to do an internship (which will consume several months worth of weekends) and then of course my JOB I just don't know.
10. Get a motorcycle license. Yep, did that one too.Now whether I'm going to make the step and get a motorcycle, a vespa (or none of the above) is still up in the air.
Hmm, not bad. Half way thru the year and I'm half way thru my goals!!
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's wonderful! You are an inspiration.
Aw, shucks....
Post a Comment