Monday, January 09, 2006

Goals for 2006

I'm not going to call them "New Year's Resolutions" because, odds are, once I do they'll get filed away and never done...but here are a few goals I have for 2006 (in no specific order)

1. Pass the Illustrator ACE. Yeah, I know...I no longer work at Adobe, but it's always possible I'll end up getting another job that works with the products. And it's killing me that I didn't pass that test with all the others!! I'm actually studying now for it...well, ok, not right now. I'm taking a little break to update the blog. I'm scheduled to take the test tomorrow so wish me luck.DONE!

2. Lose weight. I seriously considered going to an open call for the Biggest Loser, but decided to do this on my own. I certainly have the time on my hands to start doing something about it. If nothing else, I should eat better! We went to the Farmer's Market in Campbell yesterday where I picked up some Brussel Sprouts on a stalk. I love them, but had NO idea how they grew. Didn't even think about...but it's on a stalk. There were actually a few people that stopped at the stand saying the same thing.

3. Go to Dog Trainer Academy (and graduate...preferably with honors...but I'll settle for just graduating)DONE!

4. Get started doing some pet portrait photography (beyond my own dogs). I've got a lot to learn, but would certainly enjoy it.

5. Devote some time to volunteer work. This is a goal for every year. Some years I do more than others. I'm hoping to make this a "more" year while I have time on my hands.DONE!

6. Get a job. DONE!

7. Take the mini on a lot of drives.

8. Go camping. If it's the last thing I do I really want to go camping!!! It's been years. I bought a tent when I first moved here...have I used it? Noooooo.

9. Travel to Sweden (probably not realistic now, but one can hope).

10. Get a motorcycle license.DONE!

That about covers it. Wish me luck on all of them! I'm going to really need it for a few of them.

No comments: