I just got back from taking my exam to be an Illustrator ACE. After having taken a couple of ACE exams I've worked out a little "system" by which I take the tests. First I go thru, answer the ones I'm certain about, skip the ones I don't know at all, and answer the ones I'm pretty sure about (but then mark them to be reviewed later). So I follow my plan....get to the end of the first run...check my review status and WHAM. Yeah, uhm, about half of them were either skipped or marked. Suddenly the construction noise that had been a quiet hum when I first arrived seems to increase in volume.
This is not good, I think to myself. Not good at all.....
So I go back thru. Damn, that construction noise is irritating. Then again. Ok, I am NOT coming back to this site when I retake this test! Then one more time for good measure. I wonder how badly someone has failed this here? Maybe I can just sneak out at the end and not have to face anyone. Each round I answer a few more and remove a few more checks in the review section.
Finally, with about 20 minutes left to go I decide that it's just not going to get any better than what I've got here. And I go thru the simply cruel double round of "review" and "check" as I mumble to the computer I wouldn't even bother if I were you. .
"Congratulations. You passed!" What the...??? Ok, I just barely passed...but a pass is still a pass considering the random bit of info that you have to know I feel pretty darn good!
So, for my goals: Illustrator ACE – Check!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Right on, ACE! You gonna do Premiere and After Effects (I was supposed to do those back at Big Red A, but never got around to it). -- Clay
Congratulations!
Congratulations! (I'm not sure what it means, but it's cool that you accomplished one of your goals already!)
Thanks everyone!
Jodi: An "ACE" is an Adobe Certified Expert. Just a test to take to prove that you know the program more than the average bear. Basically, it looks pretty on a resume. :0)
Cool...congrats again and thanks for the explanation!
Post a Comment