I've known for a while now that, although she is great with the music, Cori isn't big on remembering lyrics to songs. Between the 2 of us that's definitely more my "thing." So it wasn't a big surprise as we were driving down the road listening to her iPod, specifically her Songs from the 70's playlist, that she confessed what she thought were some of the lyrics of "Rich Girl" by Hall & Oates.
Yes, the title says it all "You can rely on the old bad bunny," [sing it with me now] " You can rely on the old, bad bunny."
Last week she tried to explain her rational for the lyrics, and it only got better: She thought it was about Hugh Hefner. She knew enough about him to know that he was rich and was somehow involved with bunnies.
I'll never hear that song the same way again...
To her credit, in 1977 she would've only been around 9 at the time and she did get the rest of the lyrics right. I know that same year I was bewildered by "Blinded by the Light."
Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment