Saturday, April 05, 2008

Dear Oregon Weather...



Dear Oregon Weather,

We have to talk...

I'm sitting here looking at the weather forecast for the next 3 days and it's nothing but rain. I know when we moved here that you rain a lot...in the winter. But now we're more than a week into SPRING. Seriously, when are you going to let up a little?

I can't help but to think of previous springs with California and the nice warm weather we shared together. I'm not trying to make you jealous. California has her problems, too. The smog, the excessively dry and hot summers; they don't call them the golden hills for nothing. I'm sorry, I shouldn't get started on that, but focus on us.

I'm just wondering if we can find a way to work through this. Maybe talk with a meteorologist? Or find a compromise, like maybe you don't rain on the weekends or at least give up a few more sunny ones than you do right now? I know, it makes me appreciate the sunny days more when you rain like this, but I don't take you for granted. I really don't. I chose you over California, the reasons why don't matter.

I'm sorry...it's not you...it's me. I know it is. Normally this little habit wouldn't bother me, but it's putting a real damper (quite literally) on my training for the breast cancer walk. Walking in the cold rain is not very comfortable. You don't want me to catch a cold, do you? I'm sorry, that wasn't fair.

Well, just think about it. It's not a deal breaker, just something that's been on my mind.

Ok, well, I'm going to go walk in the rain now...

Laura

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so spoiled by SoCal's "weather." It makes up for many of the negatives. I don't think I'll ever be able to live long-term anywhere else.

TiggerLarue said...

Ok...I'm jealous right now.... :0(