Friday, June 08, 2007

Seven of Memes

I was tagged by Snarky Dork

The rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. Remember to leave a comment for them letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog.


So here we go. Seven random facts.


  1. Seven is one of my favorite numbers. As are 1, 3 and 13

  2. I'm originally from Iowa. The last time I was there my plane was struck by lightening, the printing plant I was in flooded, there was a tornado warning that lasted about an hour (yes, a warning), and a fire in my hotel that caused it to be evaquated while it was raining...oh, and Hertz upgraded me to a convertible for free. That was over 8 years ago. I haven't been back since.

  3. Seven things I collect or have collected in my lifetime

    • Letterpress blocks

    • Old diaries, used

    • Vintage dog photos

    • Vintage dog license tags

    • Cribbage boards appearently, though not on purpose

    • Shot glasses- I was young

    • Unicorns - it was the 80s


  4. I received the nickname "Sparky" in college after a severe shock incident while working with an outdoor Shakespeare company. Long story short: I was thrown back several feet and landed on my face in convulsions. I don't remember much from the shock, only that I couldn't let go and a brilliant blue light. In the hospital I kept talking about it, while my friends just stared at me. Later a dr. explained that it was the electricity traveling through my body. Eek.

  5. I JUST finished my dog training internship officially. Woooohoooooo!!!!

  6. I couldn't stand computers all through college. Now I work at a software company. The rest of the story: I started liking them when I got a job in the photo department at a large newspaper. The very first application I learned was Photoshop 2.5 and I was hooked. Guess I've come full circle.

  7. I have what some might consider odd likes and dislikes when it comes to food. For example I've never (not even as a kid) liked Mac & Cheese or Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...although I did like jelly on my cheeseburgers when I was young. And I LOVE Brussels sprouts, always have



I don't actually know 7 people who blog...but I'll tag those I do! All 2 of you, since Jodi's the one that tagged me. Spyder and black purl
Update: Clearly I should do all of my blog reading before updating my post. Looks like black purl has already been tagged :0/
Of course if you're reading this and want to play along, your tagged too :0)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love vintage dog photos too! I can't say I collect them, but I do look through old photos at flea markets and have purchased a couple that resemble my dogs.

Black Purl said...

Ahahahahaha! I've already been tagged. I'm sure I can think of seven more random facts, though...