So here we go:
1. I really admire how you have put your love of dogs into furthering your education and now into a business. How are the dog training and photography businesses going?
First, aw shucks, thanks! That's probably the most popular question I get asked and on a pretty regular basis. My core answer has been that I was working on finishing up my internship and that I would begin thinking about that once I was done. I am now almost done, so I guess it's time to start thinking. It has taken some time, chipping off a whopping 8 hours a week off of the 240 hour requirement, but I'm almost there. So, to answer, I think the photo stuff is probably a long way off, but soon I should be able to start taking on a clients on a PT basis.
I continue to further my education along the way, attending seminars as they come available. The Bay Area has some good opportunities for that. Most recently I attended a very interesting seminar "Get Rational! Evolution, Dog Behavior and Dog Bites". And in July I'll be attending another titled "Fighting Dominance in a Dog Whispering World" which I am looking forward to. This is all fascinating and exciting to me, but not so much to many of my friends.
2. What is your favorite weekend getaway to drive to in your cute little Mini?

We have a route that we like to take when going for a drive. "Over the hill" to Santa Cruz to spend a little time on the Boardwalk or at the beach. Then back up along Hwy 1 to Half Moon Bay. There we have to stop for the best fish tacos at The Flying Fish. If you are ever in Half Moon Bay I highly recommend stopping there. Tell them Laura sent you. They won't have a clue who you are talking about, but I've always wanted to say that...it felt like the right time.
3. Do you remember your first pet? Tell me about him/her.
I grew up on a farm in Iowa. We had a few dogs and cats, as well as other animals. And, as I'm sure you probably would have guessed, through my life I've had a few dogs. But the first "pet" I remember was a calf. His mom died, so we needed to raise him. I'm sure he had a name, but I don't remember what it was. I do remember we had a little metal bucket that we'd mix formula in. There was a little rubber nipple on the side of it that he would drink from. I helped take care of him for a while. Then he went away. I prefer to think he just went to another farm, so let's just go with that.
4. I know you love movies. Are there any tv shows that you enjoy watching?
Ah, but of course! I'm sorry to say I watch a lot more tv that I like to admit. We don't really watch live tv anymore with 2 TiVo's in the house. Because we can't do HD on the TiVo there are 2 shows that we actually watch live. Heroes (LOVE IT) and Lost (used to LOVE it, now am moderately enamoured with it....we're trying to work things out). I like a good mystery and don't want all the answers handed to me all at once, but every once in a while would be nice. Maybe it's just me, but Lost seems to answer questions with more questions. I'm still hooked, but am not as enthusiastic about it like I once was. My guilty pleasure is Desperate Housewives. I started watching it while I recovered from surgery (rented the whole first season from Netflix).
5. What is your favorite ride at Disneyland?
Ooo, that's a tough one. I'm a huge ride fan (Cori, not so much). My favorites are roller coasters, but not so many of those at Disneyland. There are several I really like, but to pick one I'd have to say Indiana Jones is my favorite. Although I also really enjoyed Buzz Lightyear was a lot of fun. Oh, and Pirates of the Carribean is a lot of fun...but so was Mad Tea Party. Ok, have to pick just one: Indiana Jones. I can tell you what ride I don't like "It's a Small World", I don't even like walking by it.
Ah, shoot. That's the end of the questions.
Well, if you, any of my readers, want to be interviewed by me, please leave me a comment or send and email saying "Interview me!" (or the like).
*I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
*You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions.
*You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
*Then others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions and so on.
If any of you would like to ask me more questions, feel free!!


1 comment:
You were the 3rd person to ask for questions, but the first to answer, so bonus points for you! Great answers and I agree with you completely on Lost. I mean, come on already! Give us something.
Post a Comment