I am rather fond of the idea that the year I made some major steps toward making my dream of working with dogs a reality (albeit a side profession) was also the year of the dog. I graduated from the Academy for Dog Trainers and became a "Certified Trainer and Counselor". I attended the dog walking institute and am a certified dog walker. On top of all that I became an active member, and now board member, of Pound Puppy Rescue.
Yes, the year 2006 really was the Year of the Dog for me. What better way to review it than highlighting some of the most important dogs to me in the year 2006. My life was touched by several, but these guys played extra special roles.
Gabby My best furry friend, turned 13. And she still looooooooves to dig.

Kayce...well, Kaycee was Kaycee...

Cisco My first "project dog" in the academy. He taught me so much.

Hector What a smart boy! I was so thankful to have a retriever for the dead retrieve training :0)

Lucky My final "project dog". It was love at first sight. I wish I could have adopted him myself.

Diane Celeste's first project dog stole her heart. She adopted her when we graduated. I had promised if she did we would drive her up to Portland when Celeste was ready.

Freddie Our first foster puppy. Stole my heart and drove me insane all at the same time.

Jedi Poor little guy took forever to get adopted out. He didn't take the cutest photos...acutally, even in person he was...uhm...unique looking. I saw him the other day, though. He has turned into a BEAUTIFUL young dog.

Etta May Etta's stay with us was a brief one, but she certainly stole Cori's heart.

Muffy Poor girl came to us literally covered in mats. It had to be so painful. She was a hyper little one, but her new family adores her.

Annie What a sweet little girl. I'm a sucker for terriers and Annie was no exception. I miss her.

UPDATED Mickey What a brilliant little dog. He is an absolute angel. I don't understand how it has happened, but the year 2007 started and Mickey still hadn't found a new home. On January 4th little Mickey found his new home. He was exactly what the woman was looking for. It was puppy destiny.

There were long days, traffic filled drives, little rest and several sleepless nights...and you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything. I look forward to what 2007 brings.
Wishing you and yours a happy new year!


1 comment:
I love all of the doggie photos! And hey, I borrowed the idea myself. I didn't realize Gabby was an older dog, like my Cosette. I just know I'd love her, if I met her.
Post a Comment