Thursday, March 23, 2006

Catching Up

One would think that, considering I AM currently unemployed, I would be much better about updating my blog. Seriously...me of all people should! I check the blogs I read daily (if not multiple times a day) in the hopes that something new is added. And I get disappointed if they aren't. There are some that I know who haven't updated their blogs since December (you know who you are, so I won't name names). Speaking of, thanks Dianna for updating yours!

But I digress...

So what HAVE I been up to? Well...


  • Cori and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We went to Safari West to celebrate. They have some awesome (and luxury) canvas tent cabins...complete with running water (shower, toilet and sink). We went on a "safari" then came back for our scheduled massage in our tent. Now that was a cool way to spend an anniversary. Check out my pics on Fickr.

  • I've fallen off the wagon with regard to Coke (a cola). I am working on getting back on again. Today I even bought some Vitamin Water instead of a Coke. Tastes a lot like a slightly watered down popsicle, but tolerable. I think I would have preferred just plain water.

  • Cori and I have possibly started a new weekend routine. As the weather has gotten nicer we've gone on a couple of hikes. It had been yeeeeeears since I had gone hiking and with my heart rate issue I was a little concerned that I would be holding Cori back. Looks like my trips to the fitness center have paid off because I am holding my own there! Do need to get better shoes for it, though.

  • Oh yeah...fell off the wagon about going to the gym. Considering the benefits I have experienced see above I should probably get back into that. As a matter of fact I'll try to go today.

  • I've been cleaning up and organizing the hundreds of printer's blocks that I purchased at a warehouse in Hunter's Point that is going out of business. This weekend is his last weekend. Good for my pocketbook, sad for me.

  • I've been exploring Flickr a LOT. I love that site.

  • Since I can't really spend money too frivolously, I've been downloading a lot of demo games from Big Fish Games. Figuring out which ones I like, so that when I do have a job again I can buy some!!

  • Of course I've been doing the volunteer stuff for the humane society. Though it sure would be nice to get a call to go to Santa Cruz on a beautiful day as opposed to rainy/snowy/general yucky days!


3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm hoping to get back into hiking too. I after done it much in the past couple of years, but used to a lot. I think the longer days coming up will help. I can go after work.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Laura.

Glad hiking has been working out for you. About the Coke thing... I've been trying to stop drinking so many Frappachinos, and it's almost impossible, so I sympathize.

I've been hiking/trail jogging Tuesday and Thursday every week, because I have those days off work, but now I'm going to be full-time again so I'll have less time to hike during the week. Fortunately, daylight savings time is almost here. Pefect timing? I think so.

TiggerLarue said...

Jodi: We're looking forward to the longer days too!

Amy: Hi Stranger! Thanks for your support on the Coke thing. It's definitely a hard habit to break. I was doing sooo good for a while. Where do you hike?