Friday, May 05, 2006

Say hello to Cisco


A lot has happened since my last post. I'm afraid I've been terribly neglectful about updating. Unfortunately I don't really have a lot of time to catch you up. Cliff notes version, I returned to the mother ship, but had already enrolled/been accepted to/and paid tuition for the San Francisco SPCA's Academy for Dog Trainers and had decided that it was something I really needed to do. My new manager was willing to let me take a leave of absence to attend the academy so I accepted the job. I'm quite happy with both decisions.

We are 2 weeks into the academy (it's a total of 6 weeks) and just finished our first project dog tests today. Over the course of the academy we will work with 3 different dogs. It's a pretty intense time. A lot to learn and a lot to do, with very little time to get it all done.

I'll have to catch you up on what it all means later, though. I've got a lot of homework to do and some decompressing :0) I had to introduce you to my boy, Cisco, though. What a sweet dog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is a cutie. Not QUITE as cute as my dragon, but nonetheless....

Jodi said...

Congrats! How exciting, Laura!

TiggerLarue said...

Amy: You should check out the other pictures of him on Flickr

TiggerLarue said...

Thanks Jodi. It is pretty exciting...but a bit scary too! I'm working with my second dog now (Hector) and hope to put some pictures up of him soon.