Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Mystery Spot, ooooo aaaahhhh

I've been in San Jose for about 6.5 years now. There is one thing I noticed from the time that I moved here: You can't be out and about for long without seeing a bright yellow "The Mystery Spot Santa Cruz" bumper sticker. They're everywhere... apparently there's a lot of people who've been there.

Now I had no real idea what it was. All I know is that if you ask people who've been there, they get an odd look on their face and seem dumbfounded as to how to the answer the question. You usually get the same response "It's in Santa Cruz. You should go."

Well, this last weekend (in between scavenger hunt photos) I decided to do just that. And now that I've been there I can say with confidence that The Mystery Spot is....just that. I've been there and it's still a mystery to me. Picture me now with a dumbfounded look, mouth agape as I reflect back to our trip. I don't know what the hell is going on there, but it's freaky.

I walked up the side of a wall, at an angle. Stood at a 45 degree angle. I'm afraid the pictures are out of focus, we were a bit rushed and it was crowded...but note how Cori is standing there. Feet flat, but at an angle. Balls roll uphill. I just....I don't even know what to say... all I can really say is this:

It's in Santa Cruz. You should go.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sounds fun. I'll have to check it out if I'm ever in that area.